Rick Carter’s production design process has been instrumental in bringing classic films to life for decades, such as ‘Forrest Gump’, ‘Back To The Future 2’, & ‘Avatar.’ They all get a spotlight in the “cinema room”, but Rick’s ‘Jurassic’ art features unique collages he created during ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘The Lost World: Jurassic Park’. For the first film, he cobbled together ideas for the now-iconic Visitor Center, and for the sequel he depicted dinosaurs on and off Isla Sorna.
During this time, prints of some of these collages from the ‘Jurassic’ films are on sale at Rick Carter’s Art site! These limited edition prints are numbered and signed by Rick himself, making for a unique and special addition to any fan’s collection!
The exhibit also features original art by Rick that is not related to any film, including portraits of faces that come to his mind. This collection of art, with prints also available, details Rick’s personal connection to faces of the world.
“As an artist I have attempted over the years […] to express the spirit of the many people who now travel within me as I continue my journey [around the world]. […] Many of the people I now paint or draw have come from my imagination. I don’t know who will emerge when I begin. But I do know where most of them come from. They are derived mostly from the people I encountered while traveling. Over time, some of them have become embedded and then embellished like pearls into almost real characters within my soul. They resonate as a group inside of me – creating a dialogue amongst my inner collection of people.”
This exhibit will run from December 2nd to December 11th, but the prints will remain online until they are sold out. Don’t miss out on your chance to see or own official prints of production artwork from ‘Jurassic Park!’ It’s amazing that even after thirty years there is still much to see and talk about regarding the original films from the franchise. Rick’s art is a capsule of special moments in time where his creativity gave birth to what we all know and love today. But his vision goes beyond the films he worked on, and this exhibit is an amazing tribute to his inspirational talent, and an amazing human being.
For a look at how Rick Carter also adapted the script of ‘Jurassic Park’ during the film’s production, watch Jurassic Time’s ‘Rick Carter’s Jurassic Park,’ an illustrated audio drama! Also check out the newly-released ‘Jurassic Park: The Official Script Book‘ that contains new quotes from Rick with a concept sketch he made for the Visitor Center’s rotunda!
Will you be able to visit Rick Carter’s exhibit? Interested in his art prints? Did you know collages like Rick’s are instrumental in the design process of films like ‘Jurassic Park?’ Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Jurassic Outpost for the latest!
We reported last week that the best movie ever made (honestly, I mean Jurassic Park this time) is returning to cinemas with both AMC and Cinemark in the USA listing screenings on August 25th.
Now, fans in the UK can join along in the fun and drag their non-fan friends along to show them what a real movie is. Participating cinemas in the UK and Ireland including Vue, Cineworld, ODEON and more will show Jurassic Park starting September 1st, for the first time in 4K.
Is there anymore to say? The official website obviously hasn’t mentioned this, but Jurassic Park returning to theaters is nothing but a great thing and you should definitely be booking your tickets.
Go see Jurassic Park and show those money-hungry studios how much power the original still has. And then write an angry letter demanding The Lost World: Jurassic Park also gets a theatrical re-release. That’s what I’ll be doing.
Will you be going to see the movie? Let us know in the comments, and let us know if you made it to any of the previous re-releases!
With San Diego Comic Con well underway, the Jurassic reveals are heating up! Corey in the house is on the ground at the con and you can follow the coverage and updates on Twitter and Instagram.
But let’s get real for a moment.
Last week I whined about the lack of accurate diecast vehicles for the legendary Jurassic vehicles… and Jada heard me. I mean, obviously they didn’t, but they did just unveil one sexy (and highly accurate) diecast of the 1992/1993 Ford Explorer! Check it out below:
Isn’t she lovely, isn’t she glorious?
The sudden unveiling comes after their not-so-accurate Hollywood Rides version dropped a few months back. We thought this might be it for Jada but they just screamed their way into my heart, and hopefully yours too.
The John Bell designed tour vehicle is in the 1:18 scale which aligns with the Matchbox 1:18 Jeep Wrangler that came out during Fallen Kingdom’s reign of terror, and means it’ll be roughly the same scale as Mattel’s Jurassic action figures.
It will retail at $120 USD and the estimated release date is Spring 2024. Never have I wished for time to move faster than right now.
We’re unsure if there will be light-up headlights and taillights on this vehicle, but it does look like there could be an LED housed within those front lights. See for yourself in the gallery below.
What do you think? What does Baptiste think? Will you be buying one of these? Share your thoughts below in the comments!
It’s Step Into Christmas with Elton John, except replace Christmas with Jurassic Park, and replace Elton John with John Williams.
The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary celebrations continue through July, and if you happen to be attending SDCC this year then “you’re invited to step into the sets of Jurassic Park and recreate the iconic moments that all superfans know and love. Embark on the prehistoric adventure of a lifetime, 65 million years in the making, as we re-open the park gates.”
Check out the full press release below:
Universal Products & Experiences and Amblin Entertainment have revealed the official location for the “Step Into Jurassic Park” experience at Comic-Con International in San Diego. The free, timed-entry event will be held at Luce Cielo on July 21st and 22nd located in downtown San Diego only minutes away from the convention center. Fans who were unable to secure a reservation time slot, a standby line will be provided for attendees on a first-come, first-serve basis for Friday and Saturday from 2pm-7pm PT.
The “Step Into Jurassic Park” experience will feature unique integrations with Amazon, John Soules, and Boxed Water who are all coming together to bring the awe-inspiring magic of Jurassic Park to life. Fans will have the chance to interact, make purchases, and indulge in the unique offerings that each brand has in store throughout the unforgettable two-day experience.
Once inside, attendees with confirmed reservations will have the opportunity to explore an interactive Amazon product showcase at the Visitor’s Center. The Visitor’s Center will feature the nostalgic selection of toys, apparel, accessories, and home décor available in theAmazon Jurassic Park store, including Amazon exclusives such as the Loungefly Jurassic Park 30th Anniversarymini-backpack,wallet, andpin set, as well as the eagerly anticipatedTransformers Dilophocon x Autobot JP action figure from Hasbro (now available for pre-order). To make the shopping experience seamless, shoppable QR codes will be provided, allowing fans to easily order items directly from Amazon. Prime members can enjoy fast, free delivery on their orders.
In preparation for Comic-Con, fans can shop the Amazon Jurassic Park store now atamazon.com/JurassicPark, which includes acollection of sweatshirts, hoodies, t-shirts, tote bags, phone accessories and more from Merch on Demand, Amazon’s print-on demand service that allows customers to shop millions of products from popular brands and independent designers.
Fans who are hungry for more will have the chance to enjoy Jurassic World dinosaur-themed chicken nuggets and additional Jurassic-themed bites from John Soules during the two-day experience. These delicious chicken nuggets, shaped like the iconic dinosaurs from the movie, will be available at designated dining areas within the event. Attendees can savor the 100%, all-natural white-meat chicken nuggets with dipping-sauce flavors including Honey Lime Sriracha, Togarashi BBQ, Honey Mustard and fuel up with this fun and tasty meal, perfect for both kids and adults alike. To quench their thirst, attendees can stay refreshed with free Boxed Water, providing crisp and sustainable hydration throughout the event.
This year marks the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park and the celebration will continue during the “Step Into Jurassic Park” experience at San Diego Comic Con on July 21st and 22nd.
Follow #JurassicPark30 on social for more details.
Announced all the way back in January 2018, the Jurassic World Live Tour was the inception of Feld Entertainment Inc.and Universal Brand Development, and promised “arena-sized action, special effects and physical stunts that will leave you on the edge-of-your seat!“
The show opened in Fall 2019 but unfortunately halted it’s North American tour in 2020. None of that matters now, as the Live Tour has returned to take you back to Jurassic World!
The incredible show is now touring and may be coming to your city! Check out the list below to see how close you will be to the dinosaurs of Jurassic World, including Blue, Rexy the Rexasaurus, and newcomer to the show, fan favorite Bumpy!
We had a fantastic time visiting the show and witnessing the dinosaurs, vehicles, and impressive cast up close. Be sure to check out the gallery below:
Check out the official website for further information, the schedule, and tickets!
If you’re hoping for a fun Jurassic themed getaway this Summer, then you may be in luck! Just announced in the May episode of Beyond the Gates, Mattel is hosting a new sweepstakes that could send you and three others on a theme park vacation to either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort!
There are a number of other prizes to be won alongside this trip, so be sure to check out the details below!
With so much to see and do at either park there really isn’t a better way to celebrate Jurassic Park’s 30th Anniversary! So what are you waiting for? Visit the sweepstakes website for your chance to win!
Universal Products and Experiences have announced an array of new products and activations for the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park, which occurs this ‘Jurassic June’. These reveals started today with a new in-universe video, which is part of a ongoing series, plus numerous announcements below… such as the fact that Jurassic Park will return to theaters, and Limited Run Games will be releasing ‘The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Retro Collection’ which includes the classic SNES games.
Watch the InGen video and read the full array of announcements below!
Celebrate 30 Years of Those Iconic Gates with All-NewJurassic Park Content, Merchandise and Events for Fans65 Million Years in the Making
From new broadcast and digital content, to exclusive products, events, home entertainment releases and much more, fans can celebrate the awe-inspiring film during #JurassicJune and beyond
Universal City, Calif., April 25, 2023 – Universal and Amblin Entertainment are re-opening the park gates for fans, old and new, to honor 30 years of the groundbreaking, blockbuster adventure Jurassic Park. Life finds a way this #JurassicJune and beyond with new broadcast, digital and game content, as well as exclusive merchandise across a variety of categories, a re-release of the film, retail promotions, anniversary celebration events, fan conventions and more. To kick-off the nostalgia-filled anniversary, check out this lost training video from “Jurassic Park” featuring fan favorite, Mr. DNA; a few more episodes in this fun digital series will be available on the Jurassic World YouTube channel later this month.
“The legacy of Jurassic Park is felt across the world,” said Melissa Rodriguez, vice president of franchise strategy for Universal Products & Experiences. “The film has stayed entrenched in the hearts and minds of viewers since its initial release 30 years ago, while also delighting new fans every year. We’re looking forward to celebrating the footprint this film has left on fans globally through special events, unique merchandise, games and more!”
New content for generations of fans to enjoy!
• Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, and Jurassic World will be available to stream on Peacock beginning June 1.
• Theatrical re-releases planned for later this year in markets around the world.
• Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing limited commemorative editions of the film on 4K starting in June (details forthcoming). Jurassic Park and all subsequent installments of the franchise are now available to own on Digital and Disc.
Exciting activations celebrating the classic film will be taking place all year long!
• Across Europe, fans have been asked to get involved with celebrating the 30th anniversary on social, including voting for their favorite original Jurassic Park dinosaur! The fan-favorite winning dinosaurs from each country will be brought to life in epic ways across multiple cities later this summer – be sure to follow #JurassicPark30 to discover more.
• The Natural History Museum of London is celebrating the anniversary with a special pop-up store that is open now through September 2023. In addition to new merchandise, the museum’s Cranborne Boutique has been redecorated and even includes the iconic gates from the film and the opportunity to take a selfie with a dinosaur.
• The Jurassic World By Brickman Exhibition moves to New Zealand in June, then Brisbane in December, and a second exhibition will be launching in Sweden in April.
• Also in Australia, a one-of-a-kind, Jurassic Park-inspired High Tea celebration will be taking place at Cordis Auckland through the end of April.
• Audiences of the Shanghai International Film Festival will be able to watch all six films – for the first time in China – taking place June 9-18.
• More details coming soon, but be on the lookout for Jurassic Park gates and dinosaurs coming to a fan convention near you – including some of the world’s biggest Cons, like Comic-Con International in San Diego:
ㅤㅤ◦ Comic-Con International in San Diego, July 19-23
ㅤㅤ◦ London Comic Con Winter, November 11-12
ㅤㅤ◦ Comic Con Experience (CCXP) in Brazil, November 30 – December 3
• Additional events taking place throughout the year include Jurassic World: The Exhibition on tour in Canada and Germany, the Jurassic World Live Tour by Feld at key U.S. markets, as well as Jurassic Park in concert with live orchestra (in select cities around the world, including Tokyo and Osaka, Japan), and more for other US and international regions!
Additionally, theme park celebrations, as well as exclusive film and new 90s-inspired nostalgia products will be hitting retail throughout the year, with highlights including:
• Universal Destinations & Experiences
ㅤㅤ◦ Universal Beijing Resort: Jurassic Traders will have new Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary product this summer.
ㅤㅤ◦ Universal Orlando Resort: #JurassicJune celebrations that include specialty food & beverage, exclusive merchandise along with a takeover at the Tribute Store.
ㅤㅤ◦ Universal Studios Hollywood: specialty food & beverage, as well as exclusive merchandise will be available during #JurassicJune.
• A Jurassic Park-inspired LEGO® line, marking the first time some of these dinosaurs and characters will be available in LEGO form; The Visitor’s Center (76961) is available NOW for pre-sale on Amazon.com.
• Mattel will also be debuting an all-new collector line with 15 different SKUs and two new plush that will have a nostalgic ‘1993’ feel.
ㅤㅤ◦ A new item revealed today is the 30th Anniversary Plush Dilophosaurus, with more coming timed to #JurassicJune.
• Jurassic Park x Tamagotchi Nano Dinosaur Egg version – you can raise baby dinosaurs in the palm of your hand! Your dinosaur may evolve into over 20 different dinosaurs, and you can see great scenes from Jurassic Park while you care for and play with your dinosaur.
• Jurassic Park CAPTIVZ Build N Battle 30th Anniversary eggs by ToyMonster – this exclusive range feature dinosaur species from the original Jurassic Park movie and rare dinosaurs to chase, including the gold and amber baby Velociraptor; available now.
• Funko will have an assortment of new POP! Figures celebrating fan favorite characters, dinosaurs and moments from the blockbuster film.
• Rubber Road’s popular TUBBZ ducks will thrill Jurassic Park fans with 3 new collectible SKUs for the 30th Anniversary: Raptor, Dilophosaurus and Muldoon.
• WOW! Stuff continues to innovate with their RealFX line –launching an adorable (but equally terrifying) new dinosaur species later this year; more to come!
• Paragon FX Group has released a limited-edition recreation of Dennis Nedry’s iconic Barbasol canister (aka “Cryo-Can”) ensuring fans can have their own little piece of the movie’s iconic history.
• Dr. Squatch, the fast-growing men’s natural soap and personal care company, has launched two Jurassic Park-inspired bar soaps: King of the Briccs and Raptor Rush.
• RSVLTS will continue to support JurassicPark with new anniversary-inspired prints on their popular polos and woven shirts, launching later this summer.
• Dumbgood is bringing back the iconic colorways and graphics from 1993 to their on-trend apparel and accessories; new items launching later this summer.
• TORRID will bring fun and flirty Jurassic Park-inspired fashions for all sizes; new collection launches planned for #JurassicJune.
• Chubbies will expand their awesome neon-inspired Jurassic Park line of men’s swimwear to include boys sizing this year.
• H&M will have a 90s nostalgia line of apparel showcasing the iconic Jurassic Park logo the started it all, along with fan-favorite on-screen moments, all in fun colorways.
• Primark will launch a collection of children’s apparel, home and lifestyle items for families, featuring iconography and favorite dinosaurs from the original Jurassic Park film, and a new first for Primark – interactive plush dinosaurs!
• Box Lunch has the coolest apparel, accessories and collectibles for Jurassic Park fans of all ages; new collections planned for #JurassicJune so stay tuned.
• Loungefly has revealed three new, colorful Jurassic Park accessories: a Dino Moon Mini Backpack, Dino Moon Zip Around Wallet and Life Finds a Way Cross Body Bag.
• Goodr – widely-known for its expansive range of athletic sunglasses designed with the four Fs in mind—Fun, Fashion, Function, and ‘Fordability; the brand is launching a new line of limited-edition Jurassic Park sunglasses in 3 styles (T-Rex in the Rearview, Isla Nublar Tour 1993, and Bingo! Dino DNA) beginning June 30.
• Crocs is expanding on its Jurassic World collection from last year, new 30th anniversary-inspired footwear is coming later this summer.
• Niko and… in Japan has launched a collaboration of zakka home and lifestyle items in stores available in stores and online now.
• Additional products will be available beginning in #JurassicJune through later in the year from partners such as: Iron Studios, Nobel Collections, Mondo, Toy Monster, Playmonster/Koosh, Hasbro, Funko, Rubber Road, Just Play, Wow Stuff, Jada, Spin Master, Random House, Scholastic, Insight Editions, Dynacraft, Advanced Graphics, Innovative Designs, Erin Condren, Bitty Boomers, KIDdesigns, General Mills, and more.
• More promotional exclusive items will be available in celebration of the 30th anniversary including Hormel pepperoni and Jurassic World dinosaur-themed crackers both available at Walmart.
• Smyths Toys will be celebrating the iconography of the 1993 classic film with in-store marketing and new SKUs, including an exclusive Jurassic Park vehicle + dinosaur trackset.
•Jurassic World: Revealed is back for an exclusive collector series celebrating fans at BIG W and The Warehouse NZ.
• Additional mall activations will launch across Southeast Asia during #JurassicJune.
Games and digital collectibles are getting into the action too!
• Jurassic World Alive, the free-to-play geo-location-based AR game developed by Ludia and Jam City, will feature new gameplay celebrating the most iconic moments of Jurassic Park as well as the original dinosaurs that fans adore. In addition, players can anticipate exciting partnership announcements and new brand integrations culminating in an eventful gameplay experience honoring the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park.
• A collaboration with Limited Run Games to release The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Retro Collection is planned for later this year. The collection will include various versions of the classic and beloved Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues games. Limited Run will also create exclusive, limited-edition Jurassic Park merchandise inspired by the titles that both gamers and Jurassic Park fans can get excited about. More news to come in the following months.
• Frontier Developments will be bringing Jurassic World Evolution 2 players even more mesmerizing dinosaurs for their parks with additional DLC packs and new content.
• This summer, VeVe will also be celebrating the Jurassic Park 30th anniversary by dropping unique digital collectibles on their marketplace. Featuring iconic items from the original movie, these digital collectibles capture moments in time that are a must-have for Jurassic Park fans.
Follow #JurassicPark30 on social for more details and upcoming celebrations.
Experience one of the biggest films in motion picture history with director Steven Spielberg’s ultimate thrill ride, Jurassic Park – celebrating 30 years in 2023! Featuring Academy Award®-winning visual effects and groundbreaking filmmaking, this epic film is sheer movie-making magic that was 65 million years in the making. Jurassic Park takes you to an amazing theme park on a remote island where dinosaurs once again roam the Earth, and five people must battle to survive among the prehistoric predators. Starring Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough, discover the breath-taking adventure you will want to experience again and again.
About Universal Products & Experiences
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal’s iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company’s extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E’s three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Parks & Resorts, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. More information is available at universalproductsexperiences.com
While there is a lot here, most are general merchandise tie-ins without much bravado, and we do notice a lack of real fan-events, such as the Jurassic Park 25th anniversary celebration panel at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Let’s hope more announcements are soon to come!
How are you celebrating the 30th Anniversary? Let us know in the comments!
I'm blown away by this experience, going to a Jurassic has always been a dream of mine but to be invited to one is something that will stay with me for life. I just want to say thank you to the people who support me/my content, without you guys I wouldn't be here.
It has been a fantastic year for Jurassic World collectors and in this year’s final episode of Beyond The Gates, Chris takes a look back at the Generation Jurassic event, held earlier this year at Universal Studios Hollywood!
Chris was joined on stage by Mattel’s Rafael Bencosme, Funko’s Ashley Anderson, and NBCUniversal’s Erick Solorzano! Not to mention a very special guest from Jurassic World Dominion… DeWanda Wise!
You can watch all of this year’s episodes in the playlist below:
There was so much to see and do at Generation Jurassic and we hope you enjoyed this lookback! What has been your favourite Beyond The Gates reveal this year? Let us know down below in the comments.
Rick Carter was the production designer of ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘The Lost World: Jurassic Park’, among many other classic films from the ‘Back To The Future’ sequels to ‘Avatar’. Now, immerse yourself in Rick’s visually-stunning mind with ESMoA’s new art exhibit: ‘TIME’.
“TIME, a project by artist and production designer Rick Carter, is an immersive collage that contemplates the concept of time. The exhibition features paintings, drawings, and collages by Carter along with photographs, movie memorabilia, and additional works by eight other artists who were invited to participate.”
Rick Carter further explains:
“Over the past five decades as an artist and film production designer, I am frequently immersed in the realizations of visual concepts. […] This experience at ESMoA provides the opportunity to explore with younger LA-based artists the legacy of my artistic career as both a painter and visual collaborator with movie directors.”
Last weekend I attended a special advance preview of the exhibit, and it was quite extraordinary to see it in person! After being a fan of his production design in films for so many years, it was unique and exhilarating to be in a representation of his vast mind. Below is a gallery that features just a taste of what this exhibit is like.
For fans of ‘Jurassic Park’, there are various interpretations by other artists that are beautiful and engaging. Such highlights include art by Jacori “Aiseborn” Perry that feature a raptor running towards the gates of ‘Jurassic Park’ and a Triceratops hatchling!
There is also a myriad of work by Rick Carter himself, of course; straight from his own production files. This includes a special area at one end of the exhibit where a portion of the wall features several key items that have never been seen before. Unique collages of Jurassic Park’s Visitor Center and pencil sketches done on napkins create an early look into what would eventually be realized on the screen. A glass case at the center of this section displays a miniature Velociraptor model created by Stan Winston’s team. This detailed creation is clearly a cherished item in Rick’s collection that everyone can appreciate.
One of the coolest things for a ‘Jurassic Park’ fan to see is the mural Rick created that is actually featured in the film’s cafe; most iconically during Richard Attenborough’s portrayal of John Hammond as he tells his ‘Petticoat Lane’ story to Laura Dern’s Ellie Sattler. It was inspired by Pablo Picasso’s Guernica!
Another neat treat is an illustration of a Tyrannosaurus Rex made in 1990 (the first year of pre-production for ‘Jurassic Park’). It is credited to both Rick Carter and his daughter Amee Carter.
However, ‘Jurassic Park’ is just one of many films that Rick Carter was part of that the exhibit showcases. Other artifacts and artistic depictions include ‘Avatar’, ‘The Polar Express’, the ‘Back To The Future’ sequels, ‘Cast Away’, ‘What Lies Beneath’, ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’, ‘Forrest Gump’, and a lot more. There are also more abstract and personal pieces not related to any film, including many stunning renderings of human faces.
Walking around this massive room, with art reaching all the way to its tall ceiling, you can’t help but be wonderfully overwhelmed with Rick’s vision and the representations of his entire career (so far). One of the most arresting visuals Rick himself produced for this exhibit are the faces of the four leading directors he has worked with through the years: Steven Spielberg (‘Jurassic Park’), Robert Zemeckis (‘Back To The Future’ trilogy), James Cameron (‘Avatar’), & J.J. Abrams (‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’). They almost appear to be looking down at the entire exhibit, seeing their entire worlds that Rick helped create with them.
One of the coolest features of this exhibit is the ability to have your own self-guided tour of sorts using ESMoA’s “Grid” feature! Using correlating numbers that are painted on the floor near the items they represent on the walls, you can look up each number on the Grid then select it to view a small cropped version of the artwork along with information about the specific artist and other details. There are even some fascinating sketchbooks that Rick created that you can digitally thumb through! These features are additionally informative if you somehow aren’t able to visit this exhibit in person, presenting a version of everyone’s work to be appreciated by virtually everyone. Or, as John Hammond would say, “Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these illustrations.”
Additional artists that illustrated Rick’s mind and career are: Alex Garcia, Luke Hayes, Muraji Khalil, Dalila Paola Méndez, Helena Park, Jacori “Aiseborn” Perry, Ivan “Mr Mustart” Petrovsky, and Carlos “Kopyeson” Talavera. The creation of the exhibit itself was also a massive undertaking, as evidenced in a cool time lapse video that begins with its inception then leads up to the preview event. The exhibit was curated by Dr. Bernhard Zuenkeler.
While attending the preview event, I saw all of the talented artists and ran into some ‘Jurassic’ veterans, including: Rick Carter (of course), David Lowery (Storyboard Artist), John Bell (Art Director), & Seamus Blackley (creator of the ‘Lost World’ PC game ‘Trespasser’… and a little thing called the XBOX). Seeing this exhibit with so many of the creative leads that were involved with the extraordinary films represented will certainly be a night I will never forget!
Derrick Davis pictured above with Rick Carter and then Rick Carter & David Lowery
While ESMoA is applauded for having an online version of the exhibit accessible to everyone, I must stress just how much more incredible it is to see it all in-person! They really did “spare no expense“! This amazing freeexhibit is open from May 5th to September 17th 2022 in El Segundo, CA, USA. Be sure to plan your trip in advance for the exact location and available hours and days it is open. Also check out their various upcoming programs that include opportunities to see Rick Carter in person!
For another Rick Carter-related experience that is connected to ‘Jurassic Park’, watch Jurassic Time’s illustrated audio drama of ‘Rick Carter’s Jurassic Park’; an adaptation of Rick’s script for the film, featuring thousands of production images from the film and interviews with Rick!
Note: Some images were obtained directly from ESMoA. Special thanks to Rick Carter & Eugenia Torre. ‘Rick Carter & Select Illustrators’ and ‘Installation Shots’ are credited to Mark Knight.
Do you plan to make a trip to this exhibit? And besides the ‘Jurassic’ films, what are Rick Carter’s other films that he worked on that you also love? Share your comments below, and as always stay tuned to Jurassic Outpost for the latest!