‘The major refurbishment of Jurassic Park the Ride, which begins on Monday, September 4, 2023, is expected to take until early 2025. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.’
This follows the ride being closed from June 6th to June 21st also of this year, most likely for normal yearly refurbishment and maintenance.
There is also no word as to if this is a refurbishment of the existing ride or if it means the ride will be getting the Universal Hollywood treatment and transforming into Jurassic World The Ride.
Currently, Universal Studios Orlando and Japan are the only Universal parks to still have the classic Jurassic Park The Ride/River Adventure ride. Universal Singapore has its own unique Jurassic ride called Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure that has a circular raft vehicle rather than the long multi-rowed raft (making it close to Islands of Adventure’s Popey and Bluto’s Bilge-rat Barges or Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Kali River Rapids.) Universal Beijing has the award-winningJurassic World Adventure Ride (a dark ride in the vein of Amazing Adventures of Spider-man at Islands of Adventure,) as well as Jurassic Flyers. As previously stated, Universal Hollywood revamped Jurassic Park The Ride to Jurassic World The Ride, which opened in 2019. Sporting some new visuals, animatronics, and story, the updated ride has been well received, with many applauding the spectacular new animatronics and moments. Universal Orlando still has its original Jurassic Park River Adventure ride and opted for a brand new Jurassic World ride (instead of changing River Adventure) with VelociCoaster, which has been awarded Best Rollercoaster two years in a row. If Universal Japan is changing their Jurassic Park ride to Jurassic World though, we can theorize (“theorize, mind you”) that it’s most likely only a matter of time before Orlando sees its classic Jurassic ride go through a similar refurbishment.
While closed, guests to Universal Japan can still visit the Jurassic Park area to experience The Flying Dinosaur, a steel flying coaster where guests soar through the air like pterosaurs (which, should be stated, are not dinosaurs,) and experience various dinosaur “meet and greets” throughout the land.
‘Jurassic Park: The Ride’ at Universal Studios Hollywood may have closed forever to make way for ‘Jurassic World’… but something has survived, thanks to Jurassic Time! Experience the queue videos from the extinct original attraction in this edited & remastered production, preserving the entire fantastic pre-show! Click the title card below to watch it!
Starring Richard Attenborough reprising his role as John Hammond! Also featuring dinosaur expert “Dino” Don Lessem! This presentation uses a variety of the highest quality sources possible to recreate the original Hollywood attraction’s single-screen queue videos. Most of the footage presented in this video is sourced from a new Universal Studios Japan recording of the queue’s main screen by “USJ Informer L.C.A.STUDIOS” to present the best quality ever seen outside of the attraction!
It was then edited to match the original English audio and sequencing by using a Hollywood on-location recording from 2018 (with some elements from years prior). This audio is imperfect, with a lot of background noise at times from other video screens in the queue, but it is the best we could get under the circumstances. Some footage is still sourced from this recording, most notably the spinning “logos”, and other sources. Due to the sources available, there will be some inaccuracies & other editorial choices made to best recreate the experience.
In addition, two versions of the “boarding audio” bookend the presentation. Much of the music during the various spinning “logos” has been re-created to closely match the way they were originally edited for the videos to provide a better-quality experience. Some music remains unknown and uses the source audio.
In the queue, a set of three screens were joined together at each station, often having additional unique footage on the other screens (sometimes even interacting with each other). To see that version (including its unique alternate takes of certain moments), see the “MULTI-SCREEN Queue Videos” compilation.
Did you ever get to ride the original Hollywood attraction before it closed? What were some of your memories, and do you prefer it to other incarnations? Share your thoughts below, and as always stay tuned to Jurassic Outpost for the latest!
This morning Universal Orlando opened their Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Tribute Store to excited guests at their resort! Located in the Hollywood section of the park, the store acts as a sort of museum dedicated to the production, release, and impact of one of the most influential films in all of film history. Featuring several rooms crammed with rare production archives and props, exclusive merchandise, and unique foods, it is going to be a must stop-shop for the summer months at the resort for guests.
The latest tribute store is the newest Jurassic offering of the Orlando destination. In the last few years there has been the opening of Jurassic World VelociCoaster (which was awarded Best Roller Coaster two years in a row,) a Jurassic World Tribute Store (which ran the summer months of 2021 in the previous Tribute Store location in the New York section of the park,) and the Great Movie Escape which features a Jurassic World themed escape room experience.
While most of the additions to the park have been centered around the Jurassic World brand, the new tribute store transports us back to the 90’s and centers entirely around the film that started it all- Jurassic Park. Acting as a sort of museum that harkens back to the vibes of the “Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park” traveling exhibit, the store is divided into several different rooms that takes guests on a journey through the production of the film all the way through to its release and impact.
Before entering the store, the guests come face to face with the infamous sick Triceratops lying on its side, which is absolutely breathtaking (and I fully admit to tearing up upon seeing it up close.) Just before entering the store you’re surrounded by scaffolding, stage lights, and banners sporting the Jurassic Park logo and the classic sunset imagery. Many noted last week, when signage started going up, that the signage sported a “Making of Jurassic Park,” rather than just Jurassic Park. This tribute store being more of a shine to the overall production of the filmsets it in contrast to the 2021 JW Tribute Store which had more of an “in-universe” feel, and I’m sure it also offered a bit of a creative change for all of the incredibly talented Team Members of Art and Design, fabrication, carpentry, and painters who are involved on the project.
The first room has a focus on the “Pre-Production” (and a bit of “Post-Prod”) of Jurassic Park. It is filled to the brim with concept art of the dinosaurs and characters, film props, maquettes, and footage. It also has sections where they showcase and explain how Go-Motion was going to be the way they brought the dinosaurs to life in the film and how, as we all know now, it was abandoned in favor of computer-generated dinosaurs which revolutionized the film industry forever.
Moving on to the second room, we are now in the “Production” stage of the film. There are several photo-ops where guests can stop and put themselves into key moments of the film. Guests can either get down and hide behind kitchen counters from a stalking Velociraptor, try to appease an agitated Dilophosaurus, or quake in terror while sitting on a toilet in the middle of a rainstorm beneath Rexy herself. There are also lots of production documents and images as well for guests to gaze at and read as they make their way through, including a part that discusses Hurricane Iniki. Just before heading into the next room, guests can come face to face with another Velociraptor in the shed while they can attempt to return power to the island!
Rounding a corner, the guests are able to pass through the legendary Jurassic Park main gates and snag some unique and delicious treats before heading into the final room which illuminates the legacy and impact of the film upon its release. This, personally, had to be one of my favorite rooms in the whole store as it was just like walking into a sanctuary of classic Jurassic Park memorabilia. In display cabinets sits many different Kenner Jurassic toys, posters, magazines, buttons, bookbags, and loads more of vintage Jurassic Park merchandise. For fans of this franchise, whether you were able to experience the Jurassic craze in the 90’s or only wished you were able to, you can relive it here. If the first three-quarters of the store were the “Making of Jurassic Park” documentary come to life, this room perfectly embodies the “Dinosaur Dream Team” Marketing Video, tying the whole experience together.
The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Tribute Store proves to be an amazingly well executed, and immersive experience that is filled with fun easter eggs and beautiful set pieces sure to awe everyone who steps through the entrance. As soon as you enter it’s impossible not to feel the love put into this experience by everyone involved, and for fans it will be even harder not to be overwhelmed by it. The exclusive merchandise and collectables lining the walls harkens back to the feeling of shopping in the 90’s and seeing endless shelves and racks dedicated to Jurassic, and a lot of the new offerings are sure to be “must haves” for many. Some of the merch can be found throughout the entire resort at different stores (like Jurassic Outfitters and the Dino Store in the Jurassic Park section at Islands of Adventure,) the store sports of a wider variety of the 30th Anniversary merch as well as the special snacks.
The limited time JP30 Tribute Store is now open at Universal Orlando, during park hours. While there is no word on exactly how long the store will be there, in the past the “summer” tribute store typically runs until the first few weeks of August, at which time it will be closed and construction on the Halloween Horror Nights tribute store will begin. The store is just one of the few ways the Orlando resort is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the film. Guests can also get exclusive food, treats, and drinks at the Thunder Falls Terrace Restaurant at Islands of Adventure (again, no official word on how long the offerings will last,) and June 9th, 10th, and 11th the Cinemark at City Walk will have screenings of Jurassic Park (tickets are not up yet, but keep checking Cinemark/Fandango,) along with possibly some other potential surprises along the way!
If you’re hoping for a fun Jurassic themed getaway this Summer, then you may be in luck! Just announced in the May episode of Beyond the Gates, Mattel is hosting a new sweepstakes that could send you and three others on a theme park vacation to either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort!
There are a number of other prizes to be won alongside this trip, so be sure to check out the details below!
With so much to see and do at either park there really isn’t a better way to celebrate Jurassic Park’s 30th Anniversary! So what are you waiting for? Visit the sweepstakes website for your chance to win!
The 30th Anniversary celebrations continue with a third video in the series ‘The DNA of Jurassic Park – Employee Orientation’.
The first video gave us a look deeper inside the hatchery and secret genetics lab of the original park on Isla Nublar, the second video provided a tour of the Jurassic Park Tour Vehicle with instructions on safety. The third video, released today, shows us the Veterinary Support provided to the Triceratops at Jurassic Park. Check it out below:
Cool! Be sure to show the video some love!
You can read more about the JP30 celebrations in the announcement.
Do you like this “lost” video series from the archives of InGen? Share your thoughts down below, and let us know how you’re celebrating the 30th!
The 30th Anniversary celebrations for Jurassic Park were announced last week alongside a new video that kicked off a series of videos for Jurassic Park’s new employees.
The first video gave us a look deeper inside the hatchery and secret genetics lab of the original park on Isla Nublar, this week we are given a tour of the Jurassic Park Tour Vehicle with instructions on safety. Check it out below:
The vehicle featured is Brandon Constant’s Ford Explorer, he really spared no expense with this replica! Be sure to give him a follow on his social mediapages – and check out our friends at the Motor Pool for more vehicle replicas.
You can read more about the JP30 celebrations in last week’s announcement.
Do you like this “lost” video series from the archives of InGen? Share your thoughts down below, and let us know how you’re celebrating the 30th!
Universal Products and Experiences have announced an array of new products and activations for the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park, which occurs this ‘Jurassic June’. These reveals started today with a new in-universe video, which is part of a ongoing series, plus numerous announcements below… such as the fact that Jurassic Park will return to theaters, and Limited Run Games will be releasing ‘The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Retro Collection’ which includes the classic SNES games.
Watch the InGen video and read the full array of announcements below!
Celebrate 30 Years of Those Iconic Gates with All-NewJurassic Park Content, Merchandise and Events for Fans65 Million Years in the Making
From new broadcast and digital content, to exclusive products, events, home entertainment releases and much more, fans can celebrate the awe-inspiring film during #JurassicJune and beyond
Universal City, Calif., April 25, 2023 – Universal and Amblin Entertainment are re-opening the park gates for fans, old and new, to honor 30 years of the groundbreaking, blockbuster adventure Jurassic Park. Life finds a way this #JurassicJune and beyond with new broadcast, digital and game content, as well as exclusive merchandise across a variety of categories, a re-release of the film, retail promotions, anniversary celebration events, fan conventions and more. To kick-off the nostalgia-filled anniversary, check out this lost training video from “Jurassic Park” featuring fan favorite, Mr. DNA; a few more episodes in this fun digital series will be available on the Jurassic World YouTube channel later this month.
“The legacy of Jurassic Park is felt across the world,” said Melissa Rodriguez, vice president of franchise strategy for Universal Products & Experiences. “The film has stayed entrenched in the hearts and minds of viewers since its initial release 30 years ago, while also delighting new fans every year. We’re looking forward to celebrating the footprint this film has left on fans globally through special events, unique merchandise, games and more!”
New content for generations of fans to enjoy!
• Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, and Jurassic World will be available to stream on Peacock beginning June 1.
• Theatrical re-releases planned for later this year in markets around the world.
• Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing limited commemorative editions of the film on 4K starting in June (details forthcoming). Jurassic Park and all subsequent installments of the franchise are now available to own on Digital and Disc.
Exciting activations celebrating the classic film will be taking place all year long!
• Across Europe, fans have been asked to get involved with celebrating the 30th anniversary on social, including voting for their favorite original Jurassic Park dinosaur! The fan-favorite winning dinosaurs from each country will be brought to life in epic ways across multiple cities later this summer – be sure to follow #JurassicPark30 to discover more.
• The Natural History Museum of London is celebrating the anniversary with a special pop-up store that is open now through September 2023. In addition to new merchandise, the museum’s Cranborne Boutique has been redecorated and even includes the iconic gates from the film and the opportunity to take a selfie with a dinosaur.
• The Jurassic World By Brickman Exhibition moves to New Zealand in June, then Brisbane in December, and a second exhibition will be launching in Sweden in April.
• Also in Australia, a one-of-a-kind, Jurassic Park-inspired High Tea celebration will be taking place at Cordis Auckland through the end of April.
• Audiences of the Shanghai International Film Festival will be able to watch all six films – for the first time in China – taking place June 9-18.
• More details coming soon, but be on the lookout for Jurassic Park gates and dinosaurs coming to a fan convention near you – including some of the world’s biggest Cons, like Comic-Con International in San Diego:
ㅤㅤ◦ Comic-Con International in San Diego, July 19-23
ㅤㅤ◦ London Comic Con Winter, November 11-12
ㅤㅤ◦ Comic Con Experience (CCXP) in Brazil, November 30 – December 3
• Additional events taking place throughout the year include Jurassic World: The Exhibition on tour in Canada and Germany, the Jurassic World Live Tour by Feld at key U.S. markets, as well as Jurassic Park in concert with live orchestra (in select cities around the world, including Tokyo and Osaka, Japan), and more for other US and international regions!
Additionally, theme park celebrations, as well as exclusive film and new 90s-inspired nostalgia products will be hitting retail throughout the year, with highlights including:
• Universal Destinations & Experiences
ㅤㅤ◦ Universal Beijing Resort: Jurassic Traders will have new Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary product this summer.
ㅤㅤ◦ Universal Orlando Resort: #JurassicJune celebrations that include specialty food & beverage, exclusive merchandise along with a takeover at the Tribute Store.
ㅤㅤ◦ Universal Studios Hollywood: specialty food & beverage, as well as exclusive merchandise will be available during #JurassicJune.
• A Jurassic Park-inspired LEGO® line, marking the first time some of these dinosaurs and characters will be available in LEGO form; The Visitor’s Center (76961) is available NOW for pre-sale on Amazon.com.
• Mattel will also be debuting an all-new collector line with 15 different SKUs and two new plush that will have a nostalgic ‘1993’ feel.
ㅤㅤ◦ A new item revealed today is the 30th Anniversary Plush Dilophosaurus, with more coming timed to #JurassicJune.
• Jurassic Park x Tamagotchi Nano Dinosaur Egg version – you can raise baby dinosaurs in the palm of your hand! Your dinosaur may evolve into over 20 different dinosaurs, and you can see great scenes from Jurassic Park while you care for and play with your dinosaur.
• Jurassic Park CAPTIVZ Build N Battle 30th Anniversary eggs by ToyMonster – this exclusive range feature dinosaur species from the original Jurassic Park movie and rare dinosaurs to chase, including the gold and amber baby Velociraptor; available now.
• Funko will have an assortment of new POP! Figures celebrating fan favorite characters, dinosaurs and moments from the blockbuster film.
• Rubber Road’s popular TUBBZ ducks will thrill Jurassic Park fans with 3 new collectible SKUs for the 30th Anniversary: Raptor, Dilophosaurus and Muldoon.
• WOW! Stuff continues to innovate with their RealFX line –launching an adorable (but equally terrifying) new dinosaur species later this year; more to come!
• Paragon FX Group has released a limited-edition recreation of Dennis Nedry’s iconic Barbasol canister (aka “Cryo-Can”) ensuring fans can have their own little piece of the movie’s iconic history.
• Dr. Squatch, the fast-growing men’s natural soap and personal care company, has launched two Jurassic Park-inspired bar soaps: King of the Briccs and Raptor Rush.
• RSVLTS will continue to support JurassicPark with new anniversary-inspired prints on their popular polos and woven shirts, launching later this summer.
• Dumbgood is bringing back the iconic colorways and graphics from 1993 to their on-trend apparel and accessories; new items launching later this summer.
• TORRID will bring fun and flirty Jurassic Park-inspired fashions for all sizes; new collection launches planned for #JurassicJune.
• Chubbies will expand their awesome neon-inspired Jurassic Park line of men’s swimwear to include boys sizing this year.
• H&M will have a 90s nostalgia line of apparel showcasing the iconic Jurassic Park logo the started it all, along with fan-favorite on-screen moments, all in fun colorways.
• Primark will launch a collection of children’s apparel, home and lifestyle items for families, featuring iconography and favorite dinosaurs from the original Jurassic Park film, and a new first for Primark – interactive plush dinosaurs!
• Box Lunch has the coolest apparel, accessories and collectibles for Jurassic Park fans of all ages; new collections planned for #JurassicJune so stay tuned.
• Loungefly has revealed three new, colorful Jurassic Park accessories: a Dino Moon Mini Backpack, Dino Moon Zip Around Wallet and Life Finds a Way Cross Body Bag.
• Goodr – widely-known for its expansive range of athletic sunglasses designed with the four Fs in mind—Fun, Fashion, Function, and ‘Fordability; the brand is launching a new line of limited-edition Jurassic Park sunglasses in 3 styles (T-Rex in the Rearview, Isla Nublar Tour 1993, and Bingo! Dino DNA) beginning June 30.
• Crocs is expanding on its Jurassic World collection from last year, new 30th anniversary-inspired footwear is coming later this summer.
• Niko and… in Japan has launched a collaboration of zakka home and lifestyle items in stores available in stores and online now.
• Additional products will be available beginning in #JurassicJune through later in the year from partners such as: Iron Studios, Nobel Collections, Mondo, Toy Monster, Playmonster/Koosh, Hasbro, Funko, Rubber Road, Just Play, Wow Stuff, Jada, Spin Master, Random House, Scholastic, Insight Editions, Dynacraft, Advanced Graphics, Innovative Designs, Erin Condren, Bitty Boomers, KIDdesigns, General Mills, and more.
• More promotional exclusive items will be available in celebration of the 30th anniversary including Hormel pepperoni and Jurassic World dinosaur-themed crackers both available at Walmart.
• Smyths Toys will be celebrating the iconography of the 1993 classic film with in-store marketing and new SKUs, including an exclusive Jurassic Park vehicle + dinosaur trackset.
•Jurassic World: Revealed is back for an exclusive collector series celebrating fans at BIG W and The Warehouse NZ.
• Additional mall activations will launch across Southeast Asia during #JurassicJune.
Games and digital collectibles are getting into the action too!
• Jurassic World Alive, the free-to-play geo-location-based AR game developed by Ludia and Jam City, will feature new gameplay celebrating the most iconic moments of Jurassic Park as well as the original dinosaurs that fans adore. In addition, players can anticipate exciting partnership announcements and new brand integrations culminating in an eventful gameplay experience honoring the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park.
• A collaboration with Limited Run Games to release The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Retro Collection is planned for later this year. The collection will include various versions of the classic and beloved Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues games. Limited Run will also create exclusive, limited-edition Jurassic Park merchandise inspired by the titles that both gamers and Jurassic Park fans can get excited about. More news to come in the following months.
• Frontier Developments will be bringing Jurassic World Evolution 2 players even more mesmerizing dinosaurs for their parks with additional DLC packs and new content.
• This summer, VeVe will also be celebrating the Jurassic Park 30th anniversary by dropping unique digital collectibles on their marketplace. Featuring iconic items from the original movie, these digital collectibles capture moments in time that are a must-have for Jurassic Park fans.
Follow #JurassicPark30 on social for more details and upcoming celebrations.
Experience one of the biggest films in motion picture history with director Steven Spielberg’s ultimate thrill ride, Jurassic Park – celebrating 30 years in 2023! Featuring Academy Award®-winning visual effects and groundbreaking filmmaking, this epic film is sheer movie-making magic that was 65 million years in the making. Jurassic Park takes you to an amazing theme park on a remote island where dinosaurs once again roam the Earth, and five people must battle to survive among the prehistoric predators. Starring Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough, discover the breath-taking adventure you will want to experience again and again.
About Universal Products & Experiences
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal’s iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company’s extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E’s three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Parks & Resorts, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. More information is available at universalproductsexperiences.com
While there is a lot here, most are general merchandise tie-ins without much bravado, and we do notice a lack of real fan-events, such as the Jurassic Park 25th anniversary celebration panel at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Let’s hope more announcements are soon to come!
How are you celebrating the 30th Anniversary? Let us know in the comments!
Universal Studios Parks and Resorts announced today that they are developing a new park in Frisco, Texas.
The entertainment conglomerate has purchased nearly a hundred acres of land to establish a new park and resort destination for families with children that will include rides, character interactions, and a hotel.
While there is no official word on what specific brands and characters guests will be able to encounter at the new Universal destination, based on the official concept artwork released it seems like there is a heavy emphasis on Dreamworks properties. Among them also looks to be a whole area themed to Jurassic.
Many are already speculating, especially if the park focuses on Dreamworks properties, perhaps the Jurassic section will be heavily inspired or centered around the hit Netflix show Camp Cretaceous.
The popular ride VelociCoaster at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure was awarded “Best Roller Coaster” for the second year in a row, by Theme Park Insider.
To ring in the New Year, the popular theme park information site released their list of 2023 winners of different attractions and parks across the globe, and the Jurassic World-themed thrill ride staked its claim as the apex predator of rollercoasters again.
“With outstanding coaster elements, engaging theming, and wonderful decoration from the queue through the ride itself, VelociCoaster wins raves both from devoted roller coaster enthusiasts and casual theme park fans, making a winning combination for everyone, including our readers.”
VelociCoaster brings guests closer than ever before to one of Jurassic World’s most popular dinosaurs – the Velociraptors! Be a part of the “squad” as you race through a raptor paddock alongside four cunning predators at high speed before being launched 155 ft straight up.
What’s next for Jurassic at Universal Theme Parks? Be sure to check back at Jurassic Outpost for all the latest news! And comment below with what you hope to see next at Universal Parks around the world.
Universal Studios Orlando Resort has officially announced the opening day of their newest attraction, The Great Movie Escape! Opening December 9th, 2022, and located in the City Walk portion of the resort, The Great Movie Escape offers Universal guests a chance to become a part of their favorite films like never before! One of the two escape rooms offered is centered around Universal’s biggest franchise- Jurassic World.
In Jurassic World: Escape, you find yourself with a team of new geneticists on Isla Nublar on training day. While it may all begin with some “ooo’s” and “ahh’s” as you learn to work with the park’s star attractions and learning what it takes to make dinosaurs, it quickly devolves into “running and screaming” as one of the park’s apex predators escapes and starts heading your way. You must work together as a team to figure out how to survive. The new experience mixes an engaging story with state of the art effects, highly detailed and immersive sets, and ‘more teeth (and claws) than anything you’ve experienced before.’
This new Jurassic adventure is sure to please casual and die-hard fans of the franchise alike. The escape room experience is randomized, so the solution can vary with each visit and offers rare replay-ability that many normal escape rooms do not. The experience is also customizable depending on party size to ensuring everyone in the group gets to participate, and is also designed to adjust based on skill level (so Jurassic fans thinking this will be a piece of cake are in for a surprise- Chaos Theory in action!)
This latest foray into the Jurassic franchise by the creative teams at Universal Orlando is sure to be another hit for the resort. It follows several dino-sized wins for Universal parks and the Jurassic franchise across the world, on the tails of VelociCoaster at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure being awarded Best Roller Coaster and Best New Attraction of 2021, Jurassic World: Dominion grossing over $1 billion at the box office, and Jurassic World Adventure at Universal Studios Beijing being awarded the Thea Award for Outstanding Achievement for an Attraction just last month. We can only hope to see this trend for Jurassic continuing to grow and expand at the parks!
Tickets for Universal’s Great Movie Escape start at $49.99 (plus tax) for individuals, or guests can reserve a private escape room experience for $300 (plus tax) for groups of up to 8 people. You can order your tickets by visiting the Universal Orlando website , or by calling (407)224-8463. Besides Jurassic World: Escape there will also be Back to the Future: OUTTATIME, a Back to the Future themed escape room experience where guests have to stop Biff from stealing Doc Brown’s latest invention (featuring the return of Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown!)